ARES Manual – Amateur Radio Emergency Service Manual
FEMA Training – https://training.fema.gov/is/
Please refer to your individual Local County for specific ARES training
ARRL- Online Course Catalog
- Introduction to Emergency Communication (EC-001)
- Description. This course is designed to provide basic knowledge and tools for any emergency communications volunteer. Visit ARRL for complete course details.
Public Service and Emergency Communications Management for Radio Amateurs (EC-016)
- Description. This course is designed to train licensed Amateur Radio operators who will be in leadership and managerial roles organizing other volunteers to support public service activities and communications emergencies.
- Visit ARRL for complete course details.
ARRL Self-Guided Emergency Communication Course EC-001-S is Now Available On Demand
ARRL’s EC-001-S online “Introduction to Emergency Communication” course is now available to students in an on-demand format, allowing students to register for the course and begin work at any time. This course is designed to provide basic knowledge and tools for any emergency communications volunteer.
Oregon ACES – Basic Certification: Oregon ACES was formed to develop a training and certification program for amateur radio emergency communicators.
Mission: To support our emergency communications partners by promoting a standard for training and certification of amateur radio operators.
- To develop training programs for Amateur Radio Emcomm Resources that meet the training needs of municipal, county, state, federal and private served agencies.
- To manage a certification process for graduates of training programs which provides credentials that are modeled after NIMS/ICS resource typing.
- To evaluate and accredit training programs and instructors for emergency communication training.
- To develop and promote exercises in communications preparedness that allow operators to apply their learned skills.
History: Amateur radio has a long history of supporting agencies in need with a variety of communications services in the event of an emergency. Traditionally these services have been available under either a Radio Amateur Civil Emergency Services (RACES) program as outlined by the Federal Communications Commission (FCC), an Amateur Radio Emergency Services (ARES) program outlined by the American Radio Relay League (ARRL), or a combination of both programs.
The ACES program includes these and other emergency communications services including Auxiliary Communications Service (ACS), Civil Air Patrol (CAP), Community Emergency Response Team (CERT), Radio Emergency Associated Communications Teams (REACT), US Coast Guard Auxiliary (USCGA), Military Auxiliary Radio Service (MARS), Salvation Army Team Emergency Radio Network (SATERN) and others that can provide specific communications solutions.
Radio Relay International – Traffic Handling – We’re the leading traffic handling outfit for operators in the U.S.A. and Canada with affiliates worldwide including in the UK, EU, Oceania and beyond.
Decades of experience. Proven leadership. Quiet professionals doing our job. RRI is traffic handling the way it should be done with proven methods, new technology and a new sense of purpose.